A lively red with delicate hints of spiciness and chocolate, plenty of black fruit character and a velvety sensation in the mouth thanks to delicate and balanced tannins.
Grower: Miolo Wine Group
Grape Variety: Pinot Noir
Style: Fine and Velvety
Alcohol: 13% ABV
Bottle Size: 75cl
Grilled Squid and Torpedo Onions with Sorrel
Cooking Time: 00 hrs 50 mins (approx.)
Number of Servings: 4
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
16 torpedo onions or medium shallots, unpeeled
16 whole cleaned baby squid (1 1/2 pounds), bodies and tentacles separated
4 cups sorrel leaves
1. Light a grill. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil with the lemon juice and season the dressing with salt and black pepper.
2. Grill the torpedo onions or shallots over moderately high heat, turning a few times, until charred on the outside and just tender within, about 20 minutes.
3. Transfer the onions to a bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let steam for 15 minutes.
4. Peel the onions and trim the ends. Put the onions in a large bowl and keep warm.
5. In a bowl, drizzle the squid bodies with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
6. Grill the squid over high heat until it is lightly charred and tender, about 1 minute per side.
7. Transfer the squid bodies to the bowl with the grilled onions. 8. Repeat with the tentacles.
9. Add the sorrel leaves and the dressing to the onions and squid and toss to combine.
10. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
11. Arrange the salad on 4 plates and serve right away.