The history of Jacob’s Creek begins with the settlement of South Australia. Colonel William Light who surveyed the city of Adelaide in 1836 made his way north west in 1837 to the Barossa Valley, which he named after a famous English naval victory at Barossa in the south of Spain. When William Jacob first surveyed the Barossa Region in 1839, he and his brother John took up land in the Hundred of Moorooroo. Moorooroo is derived from an aboriginal word meaning ‘meeting of two waters’. The two waters involved were the North Para River and creek, which fed into it. The latter was called ‘Cowieaurita’ – which took its rise in the high land around Mount Crawford – and means “yellow-brown water”, the colour produced from the iron laden soil. The creek was later renamed Jacob’s Creek after William Jacob and the Jacob brothers’ small cottages still stand, overlooking Jacob’s Creek. This wine has been sourced predominantly from selected vintages, known for producing quality sparkling wines. As a non-vintage style, complexity has been achieved with the inclusion of prior vintages to produce a wine of consistency and quality.
The bouquet displays citrus and toasted cashew nut flavours of Chardonnay are married to the fresh attractive breadcrust characters of Pinot Noir. Elegant fruit flavours enhanced with creamy yeast autolysis providing depth and flavour. The wine finishes soft, crisp and clean.