In 1835, Charles Audibert and Philippe Delas purchased a wine merchant company in Tournon-sur-Rhône. Previously called Maison Junique, they renamed it Audibert and Delas. The links between the two familes would be pulled tighter when the two Delas sons, Henri and Florentin, married two Audibert daughters. In 1924, Henri and Florentin took over as managers of the company whose named they change to Delas Frères. They constantly developed the business, both on the merchant side and by acquiring vineyards in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and extending that of Hermitage. This helped ensure a constant production of quality wines. After the war, in 1945, the wines of Delas Frères had a “boom” period on export markets. They were sold, in barrels, in London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva and in the United States as from 1952. In 1960 Michel Delas became the manager of a business known as one of the top firms in the Northern Rhône. He developed export markets, particularly South and Central America, and acquired, in 1974, vineyard plots in Côte Rôtie, and the Clos Boucher at Condrieu, which are currently farmed by his son-in-law. In 1977, the firm of Delas Frères is bought by the Champagne firm of Deutz. The winery is re-sited in Saint-Jean-de-Muzols, near Tournon-sur-Rhône, at the foot of the vineyards of Saint Joseph. In 1993, both Deutz and Delas Frères became part of the Roederer Group.
The wine has a deep garnet-red hue with purple tinges. The nose, as with all good Hermitages, is both intense and complex. Domaine des Tourettes also shows concentrated aromas of fruit, with hints of blackberries and dark cherry. Oak underscores these with notes of toast and chocolate. On the palate the wine is well-built and its ample volume reveals the fine qualities of its granite terroir, finishing with a refreshing mineral-like edge.