The legend of the Brand’s Laira vineyard dates back over a century to 1893. It was the year that Captain Stentiford, an English sea captain, took up a 28 hectare vineyard in the heart of the legendary Terra Rossa strip of Coonawarra. This vineyard was part of the original Coonawarra fruit colony and Stentiford named the property ‘Laira’ after an old square rigged ship trading around the coasts of Australia and New Zealand. The property was acquired in 1950 by Eric Brand and his wife Nancy. In 1966 Eric and his family established Brand’s winery becoming one of the first small winemakers of Coonawarra. Today the winery landholdings have grown to cover almost 300 hectares including the original vines planted by Captain Stentiford in 1893. Brand’s Laira Coonawarra continues the traditions of the past by producing premium quality, award winning wines from one of Australia’s most recognised wine regions.
Bright pale straw with green hues. Aromatic passionfruit with flinty, snowpea notes supported with underlying tropical fruit characters. The palate is intensely flavoured of snow peas and dried herbs with a fine textured palate that is balanced with crisp citrus acidity.