It was founded on 20 November 1955 by a group of growers from Aldeanueva de Ebro. Months later, in February 1956, the first Articles of Association were drafted and they began building the winery. Those founding partners joined together with the goal of uniting together against the few buyers of the time, who took advantage of the dispersed offering of grape growers in the small town. Throughout the 1960s, the bodega expanded to accommodate increased production needs from fruit from the new plantations and the arrival of new members who were attracted by the growth of the company. Over a century has gone by since the first vines were planted in Aldeanueva. Its excellent climate and rich soils together with the know-how of the local growers, resulted in grapes that were highly valued for their colour and alcohol content. These were —and have continued to be until present day— the basis of many aged Rioja wines.
Intense cherry red, with brownish-red borders. Complex and elegant aroma, mainly aromas from maturing in wood, leather, full roast, vanilla and chocolate (cocoa). Full-bodied and tasty, pleasant, balanced on the palate, with very good evolution of the wine during maturing in barrel and bottle. Tasty and lingering, with notable balsamic wood aromas, leather and vanillas.